Medium Rigid Truck Training in New South Wales

Medium Rigid Class Licenses comprises of buses and trucks that have two axles and a GVM of over eight tonnes. Any trailer that is being towed should weigh less than nine tonnes.

•    Eligibility to Apply for the MR License

You need to meet a particular criterion before you apply for a medium rigid truck training in New South Wales. First, you should be a holder of a C class license (except the learner’s license) or its equivalent for at least one year. All the time that you have spent on the P1 license it taken into account but you cannot practice with the MR automobile or upgrade to the MR license before holding a full class C or P2 license. You also have to pass the eyesight and MR knowledge tests. You also need to excel in the Roads and Maritime driving test and complete HVCBA.

•    Which Medium Truck

The best driving school in New South Wales can help you to obtain the Medium Rigid License within a short time. You can book the Medium Rigid Truck training with a reputable school at any time. Make sure the structure of the courses meets your individual needs.

One of the most frequently used license upgrades is the Medium Rigid License. It covers a broad range of buses and trucks. Once you complete this course, you will get an MR class license that will allow you to drive synchromesh manual and automatic vehicles.

These licenses have a ‘condition B’ meaning you can drive trucks with synchromesh or automatic gearbox. However, you cannot drive Class MR vehicles that have a Crash/Road Ranger gearbox, i.e., the double clutching method. This limitation won’t work to your disadvantage because it is sporadic to get these vehicles in the region. Most of these gearboxes are on higher cars like the MC, HC, and HR. Most of the MR vehicles in the market have the synchromesh manual or automatic gearboxes.

•    The Entry Requirements for the Class MR License Training

All people have varied experience levels and hence need different techniques and pace. Therefore, the course content should meet the unique needs of all learners. The aim of this course should assist the learner to develop the necessary attitude, knowledge, and skills.

Before enrollment, the student should be holding a Class C license with the exclusion of the learner’s license for at most one year. You should also complete the RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) knowledge test and passed. The student should also obtain the HVCBA (Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment) learners’ logbook and guidebook. The trainees should read the HVCBA guidebook thoroughly before they begin the training.

Some of the things to expect in the course include the pre-operational check, cabin drills, starting, moving off, shutting down, and securing. You should also learn how to manage the steering, gears, brakes, and the accelerator. The other essential elements of the training include creating and maintaining crash avoidance space and protecting crash avoidance space. Lastly, you need to learn the road rules and directions, reversing, hill start/stop, load securing and the bust stop procedure.

•    The FCA (Final Competency Assessment

First, you must complete the training course as per the above criteria. The training and assessment are based on the above criteria, and you will be signed off once you are up to the standard. After completing the training course, you will sit for the Final Competency Assessment Test. According to the RMS requirements, you have to video record this final drive. All successful candidates get a certification that RMS uses to issue the MR license.

Leave a Reply